There are more than thousand different Adware toolbar that can infect your computer. Some examples include the Mirar Toolbar, Tango Toolbar, ShopatHomeSelect, Baidu Toolbar, SeekitAll, ABXToolbar, Accoona, BrowserToolbar, BrowserVillage, EZToolbar, IEToolbar, Leopard Search, Optnet Rogue Security Toolbar and Search Toolbar. These toolbar will be monitoring your activity’s on the internet or in the web browsers. So it is impotent to remove them from your computer.
The normal procedure to disable a toolbar are
- Click the browser ‘View’ menu
- Select ‘Toolbars’
- Uncheck the toolbar name
This will hide it from view, however be aware that some adware programs remain actively monitoring your internet activity even though their toolbar is disabled. So we need to Uninstall the Toolbar from the computer.
To Uninstall the Toolbar Follow this steps.
Reputable toolbar should be easy to uninstall just like any other reputable program available in the Internet. Removing popular reputable toolbar using their own uninstallers, accessible from that toolbar themselves:
- Ask Toolbar has an ‘Uninstall’ option accessed from the ‘Option’ button on the toolbar itself.
- Google Toolbar – click the ‘Settings’ or ‘Google’ logo on the toolbar, then click ‘Help’ and then ‘Uninstall’.
- Yahoo! Toolbar can usually be uninstalled via the ‘Pencil’ button on the toolbar.
Otherwise we have to use the Add or Remove Programs (In Windows XP). Programs and Features (In Windows Vista and 7). Steps are as Follow
- Click Start Menu , click Control Panel
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs (In Windows XP). Programs and Features (In Windows Vista and 7)
- In the Currently installed programs box, click the Toolbar that you want to remove, and then click Remove.
- Click ‘Uninstall and ‘Continue’.
To uninstall Firefox Toolbar (eg Yahoo! Toolbar, AOL, Google Toolbar for Firefox) Follow this steps.
- Click the ‘Tools‘ menu in Firefox
- Click ‘Extensions‘, or ‘Add-ons‘ in Firefox
- Select the unwanted toolbar
- Click ‘Uninstall‘ and follow the prompts to remove it
- Restart the browser
You may also need to reset your browser’s homepage and default search preferences. These can accessed by clicking ‘Tools –> Internet Options ‘ in your browser.
NOTE : To access Add or Remove Programs (In Windows XP). Programs and Features (In Windows Vista and 7) you can use some shortcut keys also. Press the Windows key and R key on your keyboard together. Now you will get a Run window. Inside that Run Window Type APPWIZ.CPL and pres on Ok.
NOTE : If some of the Toolbar installed on the computer is corrupted or some installation files are missing or if those are potentially unwanted software’s like spyware or Adware we needed to remove them manually. Follow this instructions to remove them. How to manually remove programs from the Add or Remove Programs tool