Please try the Below given steps if you come across any errors while renewing (IP address ) interface Local Area Connection, Error ” The RPC server is unavailable ”
Walkthrough the customer to get this issue fixed.
1. Open registry editor, Click Start -> Run ->regedit
2. Take a backup of registry editor, Click on File menu -> Export -> save a copy of the registry to the desktop.
3. In Registry Editor, expand : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services.
4. Right-click Winsock, and then click Delete. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
5. Right-click Winsock2, and then click Delete. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
6. Click Start, then Control Panel, and then Network & Internet Connections.
7. Right-click on Local Area Connection, and then click Properties.
8. In the Local Area Connection Properties click Install.
9. In the Select Network Component Type (or) click Protocol, and then Add.
10. You will now see a list of available protocols, click Have Disk…
11. Enter the following path, c:\windows\inf (or) c:\winnt\inf, and then click OK.
12. You will now see an expanded list of available protocols, select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), and then click OK.
13. Restart the computer.
14. Now try to renew ip address.