The recently opened documents in Windows 8, you can see, even after a reboot or shutdown the computer and it can become a serious problem of user privacy. And to prevent this you need to enable automatic cleaning of recently opened documents. When you turn off the computer the whole story will be cleared and will not see it.
- Press the keyboard shortcut Win + R, now you will get a Run Window. Inside that one type a string “gpedit.msc” and click “OK”.
- Now you can see “Local Group Policy Editor” in the left side got to “User Configuration -> Administrative Templates ->” Start “menu and the taskbar.”
- In the right pane, double-click the “Clear history of recently opened documents on exit“.
- Now you will get a Windows like this and Select the “Enable” and click “OK“.
- That’s it, now when you turn off or reboot the entire history of open documents in Windows 8 will be deleted.