Recover deleted mails in Outlook
Recovering Permanently Deleted Mails (Including Sub-Folders)
- Click Start->Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Take a backup of registry editor.
- In Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\Exchange\Client\Options
- Under Options, Create a new DWORD value:
a. On the Edit menu, click New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Double-click the new key to open the Edit DWORD Value dialog box.
c. Under Value name, type DumpsterAlwaysOn and then click OK. (It is case sensitive)
5. Then right click and modify the value 1 to turn the Recover Deleted Items menu choice on for all folders (or) enter 0 to turn it off.
6. Then go to Outlook, choose “Recover deleted items” option from the Tools Menu to get back your “permanently deleted” mails!
Note : The above steps can recover mails which were deleted by pressing shift+del in the past 4 days only.