When you click a hyperlink in Microsoft Outlook, you may receive the following error message:
“This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.” Please follow the below trouble shooting steps :
1. Close the Outlook and Click on Start and open Regedit.
2. Take a back up the Registry before you work on the registry.
3. Open the Registry HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \.html
4. Verify if the value of the String (Default) is “htmlfile”.
5. If it’s not “htmlfile”, Change the value of the file : Default to “htmlfile”,
6. Exit Registry Editor.
7. Set outlook and Internet explorer has default E-mail client and Default browser.
8. Restart and check.