VLC media player a free software from a project of VideoLAN. VLC is VideoLAN client. As, we all know , few years back a media player came into the software market and it revolutionized our world by showing us what it is like to use a real media player which offers a lot of options to the users. We could see the better quality videos with the videoplayer offering a numerous applications and options to the users. VLC was a client in the project by VideoLAN. It took almost 13 years to develop this software and on July 7, 2009, it finally saw the daylight.
It is a highly portable free and open source media player and most importantly cross platorm media player . It also suppose many audio and video compression methods and file formats including various streaming protocols.
So, it’s again in the news thios time as VideoLAN has released the latest version of VLC media player i.e. VLC 2.0. With the release of the latest version VideoLAN is going to offer fixes for several hundred bugs , and many other new features.
Now, lets enlist the features which the Twoflower is also going to offer to its users:
- brings support for a wide range of file formats, including experimental Blu-ray disc playback
- includes a completely re-worked interfaces for the Mac and other web platforms
- offers higher quality subtitles , new video filters, new resamplers for higher quality audio, new dynamic range compressors and karaoke filters, faster audio processing
- Also, new video and audio outputs for Windows 7, Android , iOS and OS/2
- Includes improved decoding support with a new rendering pipeline for different hardware, such as multi-core processors, mobile chipsets and dedicated GPUs.
- VLC’s web plugins have also been rewritten for better integration and stability in all browsers.
Well, one good news for the professional users of VLC. Now VLC 2.0 will feature support for ProRes 422 and 4444, AVC/Intra, Jpeg-2000 and DNxHD/VC-3 in 10bits, EBU subtitles and EIA-608, SDI and HD-SDI cards for Linux Input,as well as for faster Dirac/VC-2 encoders.
So, friends you can now enjoy this version of VLC media player by just logging into the VLC features page where you can find download links for the various Operating System users. Just download and enjoy the features of VLC 2.0!!! 🙂