From the hidden $NtServicePackUninstall$ folder
1. Click Start
2. Click Run
3. Type the following in the open textbox:
4. Click OK
5. The removal wizard will start to walk you through the removal.
From the Add or Remove Programs Section:
1. Open the Control Panel
2. Click the Add or Remove Programs Icon
3. Click the Show Updates checkbox
4. Scroll down and select Windows XP Service Pack 2
5. Click Remove
Uninstall Service pack 2 from Recovery Console
1. Insert the Windows XP startup disk into your floppy disk drive or insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive, and then restart your computer. When you receive the following message, press a key to start your computer from the Windows XP CD:
Press any key to boot from CD
Note: Your computer must be configured to start from the CD drive or DVD drive.
2. When you receive the following message, press R to start the Recovery Console:
Welcome to Setup
3. Select your Windows XP installation. This installation is typically C:\Windows.
4. If you are prompted to type an administrator password, do so. If you do not have an administrator password, press ENTER.
5. At the command prompt, typecd $ntservicepackuninstall$\spuninst, and then press ENTER.
6. Warning: After you complete this step, you cannot stop the removal process.
At the command prompt, typebatch spuninst.txt, and then press ENTER.
7. After the removal finishes, type exit, and then press ENTER.
8. Restart your computer in SAFE MODE.
Important: When your computer restarts, Windows Explorer (Explorer.exe) does not run, and you must follow these steps:
A. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to start Task Manager.
B. Click the Applications tab, and then click New Task.
C. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
D. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
E. Right-click ObjectName, click Modify, and then type LocalSystem in the Value String box.
F. Restart your computer
G. You are now done uninstalling Service Pack 2